Published Paper's and News Article's
- Campaign Theme Song
- BACK MATT THEME
- WILL COUNTY TREASURER ENDORSEMENT OF MATT HARRINGTON
- AFSCME Local 3298 Aurora's Candidate Questionnaire 2011
- BACK MATT FANS Tribute to our Candidate" You Are Still The One"
- Daily Herald Article Candidates Share Ideas on How to Improve the city
- Daily Herald Endorsement for Aurora Alderman at Large
- Beacon News four way race for Aurora's Alderman at Large
- A Video Tribute for Our Hard working Candidate
- BACK MATT FANS Tribute to Matt & His Political Heror's
- Polictical Consultant to run for Aurora Alderman
- We Are, Speech of June 2010
- Idea's of Hope for a better Aurora
- Published Paper's and News Article's
- Position Statment on School,Parks and Community
- Position Statement on Electronic Monitoring of Released Sex Offenders
- Position Statement for a Better Way Today for Aurora's Economic Future and Lower Taxes
- Statement of Position on Gun Control Efforts
- Gay Rights Position Statement
- A Path to Citizenship A Road to the Rights & Freedom for All
Saturday, August 13, 2016
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Today, my family, friends and neighbors, I am here to declare my candidacy for DuPage County Board # 5
I choose to run for
not because it is a simple task or to oppose a specific person, but to bring
about much needed new leadership, with fresh ideas and bold plans. I
listen to the latest round of political fighting and ask myself, “Who is
looking out for our community.” County Board
The everyday men and women who wake up every day, works hard, and dreams of giving their children a better life. I choose to run because I have the courage to advocate on behalf of the people in our community. I will stand up to the political insiders and lobbyists and say no more.
The people of
can not continue to have record high unemployment, nor higher property
taxes and fewer services. Our citizens deserve better. I
choose to run because we must stem the tied of a do nothing Board Member. DuPage County
I will fight to create new opportunities of employment, and work to bring about lower taxes for all.
We as community must come together and breathe new life into the heart and soul of our neighborhoods and the communities that surrounds us. Safety within our communities has always been a priority for me. I will lead a heightened effort to increase safety within our community but push for electronic monitoring of all child sex offenders that live within our county.
By being committed to these simple ideas, we renew the heart and soul that has felt lost in our community.
As a parent, I know that we want to provide for a better today and a promising
tomorrow. Not just for our children and our grandchildren, but for our friends, and
We must look to each other, to help bring back the pride we have felt before, and the courage to do more then we thought we could. We must never lose the ability to have an open heart, and mind; so that we can learn from each other instead of only seeing the differences between us.
Our children are, the most precious and cherished asset we share. We must continue to support and encourage those teachers, who have devoted their lives to shaping our children’s educational future.
We must provide a great education, not just for our children, but for anyone who is willing to learn new skills and retrain themselves. We need our community to encourage all people to reach their full potential.
I make no big promises, but I believe that with hard work and bold plans I will bring back to DuPage, from our state leaders, money for better education, smarter classrooms, and an increase to public safety.
I have the courage to stand up for my principles, and the courage to bring about lower debt and lower taxes. But most importantly, I will work tirelessly and make jobs, jobs and more jobs for all who want to work a priority.
Our history shows that we have and will make it through hard times, that we can work together to find common ground, and that we the residents of DuPage are never down and out.
This is why I choose to run for
, to work for and to represent the people, not just for
today but everyday. I am running for everyone who needs a man of the
people, for the people and elected by the people! County Board
Candidate for DuPage
#5 in 2016 County Board
Monday, July 1, 2013
I Like to Thank my Family, Friends and the Illinois State Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka for Making this Happen its was a Great Honor.
Link to Article: Honors-for-Matt-Harrington-The-Voice-Newspaper-Article-2013-06-08